- Unlimited scalability
- Superior precision
- CAD & GIS interoperability
- High performance
- Free viewer & Web publishing
- Whereas other 3D photogrammetry solutions on the market quickly hit memory limitations when input data size increases, ContextCapture includes an elaborate tiling mechanism which can automatically split a massive 3D production into jobs not exceeding hardware capabilities. This tiling mechanism allows to seamlessly handle terabytes of input imagery.
- Thanks to its master-worker pattern, ContextCapture supports grid computing. You can dramatically reduce processing time simply by running multiple ContextCapture engines on several computers, and associate them to a same job queue.
- Even for a single tile, ContextCapture makes the break: per tile, on a computer with only 8 GB of RAM, ContextCapture can handle up to about 1 gigapixel of input data and can output more than 10 million triangles.
- ContextCapture is the only 3D photogrammetry solution on the market which can automatically generate 3D meshes with level-of-detail (LOD), for efficient visualization and analysis of very large 3D models.
These features explain why ContextCapture is becoming the standard solution for city-scale 3D mapping. To learn more, read our related case study
- Even for large aerial datasets, ContextCapture can create a full-3D mesh model, as opposed to a 2.5D digital surface model which cannot support multiple points on the same vertical line. Consequently, no matter the volume of imagery data, ContextCapture is able to accurately represent overhanging facades and roofs, building or monument ornamental features (balconies, door and window frames, etc), undersides of bridges and trees, etc.
- ContextCapture features a unique 3D mesh optimization algorithm which ensures an optimal placement of 3D mesh vertices. Compared to other 3D photogrammetry solutions, based on depth maps fusion, ContextCapture recovers finer details and sharper edges, and creates fewer artefacts, e.g. at occlusion boundaries. Compared to solutions limited to 3D point clouds, ContextCapture leverages precious 3D connectivity information to significantly improve geometric accuracy.
- ContextCapture generates high quality texture maps which closely match the resolution of input photographs. Texture maps feature a good color homogeneity even under varying exposure, thanks to an automatic color compensation algorithm.
- ContextCapture can incorporate user-defined priors in the 3D reconstruction process to correctly handle challenging cases such as water surfaces, glass facades, uniform walls, …
- ContextCapture automatically adapts resolution and precision of the output 3D model to resolution and spatial distribution of input photographs. Consequently, it can handle scenes with a non-uniform resolution without requiring to trade the overall efficiency for the preservation of a few higher resolution scene regions.
- ContextCapture reduces the size of the output 3D model with an adaptive mesh decimation algorithm with controlled error tolerance, thereby avoiding any unwanted loss of geometric accuracy.
- ContextCapture allows to explicitly mark input photographs sharing identical camera properties, for an optimal aerotriangulation accuracy.
- ContextCapture is the only 3D photogrammetry solution on the market which can produce 3D mesh models with level-of-detail and paging directly compatible with several leading 3D GIS software:
Diginext Virtual Geo
Eternix Blaze Terra
and more to come…
- ContextCapture can produce georeferenced 3D models in any coordinate system and in custom tiling systems compliant with GIS applications.
- ContextCapture includes more than 4000 spatial reference systems and can be extended with user-defined ones.
- ContextCapture can generate true-orthophotos and digital surface models (DSM) compatible will all standard GIS tools.
- ContextCapture can also export dense point clouds in POD or ASPRS LASer (LAS) format with color information on each point, that can be used in most point cloud analysis and classification software.
- With the new 3MX format, natively supported by MicroStation and webGL compliant for an incredibly easy web publishing experience, Wavefront OBJ, FBX and Collada DAE formats, 3D models generated by ContextCapture can be exported to a vast majority of CAD and 3D solutions including Autodesk 3ds Max, Rhinoceros 3D, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Mudbox, Autodesk MeshMixer, MeshLab.
- ContextCapture exploits the power of general purpose computation on graphics processing units (GPGPU), yielding 50-times faster processing for some operations (image interpolation, rasterization, z-buffering).
- ContextCapture uses multi-core computing to speed up some CPU-intensive parts of the algorithms.
- ContextCapture can process 10 to 20 gigapixels per day and per ContextCapture Engine on average, depending on the hardware configuration.
- You can dramatically reduce processing time with grid computing, simply by running multiple ContextCapture engines on several computers, and associate them to a same job queue.
Example: for vertical + 4-oblique aerial datasets with a ground resolution of 10-15 cm and a typical overlap, we have observed an average production rate of 16-24 km² per day on a cluster of 4 ContextCapture Engines.
- ContextCapture includes Acute3D Viewer, a free downloadable lightweight 3D visualization application working locally or online, as well as Acute3D Web Viewer, our plug-in free web brower solution.
- Acute3D Viewer is optimized for ContextCapture’s native 3MX and S3C formats, which handle level-of-detail, paging and streaming, thus allowing visualization of terabytes of 3D data with a smooth frame rate.
- You can publish 3D models in 3MX or S3C format on a standard web server or on an online file storage web service / content delivery network such as Amazon S3/CloudFront, for remote visualization with Acute3D Viewer or through a mere internet browser without any plug-in.
- Acute3D Viewer integrates 3D measurement tools: 3D position in any spatial reference system, 3D distance and height difference.
To test these features now, visit our online 3D demos.
ContextCapture is available:
- As a standalone desktop or cluster software solution.
- As a software component, which can be integrated by 3D software vendors into their products, or deployed on industrial 3D production lines.